This support note applies to:
- AE System Release (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
This error is caused because System Release can see the licence dynamic library files but cannot see the licence itself i.e. the lic.ini file.
Check this file has not been renamed to .OLD. If it has, renaming it back should resolve the issue if its a valid licence for this server and a current System Release 8.0d generated licence.
If it has gone missing renaming the licence folder and reinstalling System Release 8.0d or greater to recreate it will resolve the issue.
- Ensure everyone has logged out of System Release. All users are logged out of System Release.
- At your Windows Desktop, right-click the Start button and select Explore. Windows Explorer starts.
Navigate to and open your S6 folder. For example, X:\SOL64\S6. The contents of the folder appear.
If you need to determine your SOL64 folder, refer to KB 28712 - How do I determine the location of my Sol64 folder?
- Highlight the file named, s60.tcf, and from the File menu, select Rename. If this file is not present, go to step 6. The cursor flashes at the end of the file's name.
- Type s60.old1 and press ENTER. The file is renamed to s60.old1.
- Highlight the file named, s60.tnf, and from the File menu, select Rename. If this file is not present, go to step 8. The cursor flashes at the end of the file's name.
- Type s60.old2 and press ENTER. The file is renamed to s60.old2.
- Highlight the folder with the extension .VID, and from the File menu, select Rename. The cursor flashes at the end of the file's name.
- Change the .VID extension to .old and press ENTER. The folder name now ends in .old.
- Navigate to and highlight your MYOBAE folder. For example, X:\SOL64\MYOBAE. The contents of the folder appear.
- From the File menu, select Rename. The cursor flashes at the end of the folder's name.
- Type MYOBAE_OLD and press ENTER. The folder is renamed to MYOBAE_OLD.
Re-install System Release. Have all users log out of System Release, and then Re-run the install for the latest version of System release.
You can find the files for the latest System Release version on your current AETax DVD or downloaded image. If you do not have the DVD or the download image saved on your network, you will need to download System Release from the My.MYOB support website.
You will need to log into the My.MYOB support website using your email address and password, and then navigate to My Products > Downloads area, selecting MYOB AE System Release from the drop down box. The latest version is 8.0d. You will now need to re-register the installation
- You will then need to call MYOB support and obtain a new licence code.
- If this fails to overcome the issue, perform a workstation setup. For more details refer to Installing System Release on a workstation
- If you are using CloudAUTH lodgment then you will also need to on board again after this process has been completed. Refer to Setting up Tax using PLS for information.