This support note applies to:
- AE System Release (NZ)
- AE System Release (AU)
- AE MAS (NZ)
- AE MAS (AU)
- AE Assets (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
When backing up a Management Accounting System (MAS) ledger or Assets you may experience errors regarding missing files such as:
"Unable to locate the file <clientcode>_veri"; or "Unable to locate the file <clientcode>.AS".
This may be followed by the error "Cannot create files in the destination path". This occurs on Windows 2008, 64 bit operating system where the automatic alias option is disabled.
To successfully back up the ledgers:
- Delete the <clientcode>.Verify.log file from the client's data folder.
- Enable the automatic alias feature on the server, then reboot the server for this to take effect.
- Rename your data folder as this updates the folder using the correct alias.
- Rename the data folder back to the required name; for example S6client.
For more details regarding making changes to the registry refer to Important information for making registry edits and file changes
- Open Windows Explorer or Computer and navigate to the S6client folder. The files and folders appear.
- Open the folder for the affected client. The data files appear.
- Right-click on the <clientcode>_Verify.log file and select Delete. The file is deleted and you can now back up this ledger.
- Click Start and select Run. The Run window opens.
- Type regedit and click OK. The Registry Editor opens.
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\ The registry keys in this location appear in the right-hand pane.
Double-click the NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation key and type 0 in the Value data field and click OK. The key is updated.If this registry key does not appear, right-click in the right-hand pane and from the New menu, select Binary Value. Enter the name and press ENTER. Then double-click this key and amend as per step 4.
- Close the registry and reboot the server. The registry change takes effect.
- Open Windows Explorer or Computer and navigate to the folder containing your data folder. The files and folder appear.
- Right-click on the data folder and select Rename. The folder name becomes editable.
- Type a new name; for example S6CLIENTA and press ENTER. The folder appears as the new name.
- Right-click on the newly named data folder and select Rename. The folder name becomes editable.
- Type the original name; for example S6CLIENT, and press ENTER. The folder appears with the original name.
MYOB Internal Notes:
Problem SR 11116856964
Alternatively you can copy the contents of the \S6client\<clientcode>\ folder to another location to serve as a backup.
In regards to deleting the .log file, as a preventative measure, you can suggest to delete all the _verify.log files from the client's data folders. Done through Windows Explorer this can be time consuming, however they could have their IT consultant use a command to do it easily. Be sure to advise they have a backup of their data prior to attempting this.
Setting the registry command is a further preventative to ensure this error does not happen in the future.