This support note applies to:
- AO Corporate Compliance (AU)
- AE Corporate Compliance (AU)
In MYOB Corporate Compliance, you may experience the error "Unexpected error" when creating forms.
This error can occur if address information within the Corporation or People details is missing. ASIC requires all companies to have a Business and Registered address; all individuals must have a Residential address.
To resolve this error, add the missing information in the relevant Corporation or People details and re-validate the form.
If you are using Corporate Compliance Integrated with Accountants Enterprise (AE) or Accountants Office (AO), the missing details must be entered in AE/AO. Corporate Compliance must be refreshed for the information to flow through from AE/AO before re-validating the form.
- Add a postal and business address in your client's Addresses tab.
- Open Corporate Compliance. The Corporate Compliance window appears.
- From the Tools menu choose Update from AE/AO.
- Click 'Yes' to refresh Corporate Compliance.
- From the Tasks bar, click ASIC Forms. The list of current forms appear.
- Locate the relevant form, right click and choose 'Complete Form'. The form is completed.
If you are using Corporate Compliance Non-Integrated, the changes to address details are made directly in Corporate Compliance.
- Login to Corporate Compliance and click Corporation/People on the left hand side panel. The list of Corporations appears.
- Open the relevant Corporation or person. The Corporation or People details appear.
- Click the Addresses tab. The list of addresses appear.
- Click Change Address from the left hand task menu. A window with the address tab appears.
- Click Edit Address and enter the missing address information and click OK. The address is updated.
- Click ASIC Forms on the left hand task menu. The list of current forms appear.
- Locate the relevant form, right click and choose 'Complete Form'. The form should successfully complete.