This support note applies to:
- AE Statutory Reporter (NZ)
- Workpapers (NZ)
- AO Workpapers (AU)
- AO Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AE Workpapers (AU)
- AE Statutory Reporter (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) and Accountants Office (AO) when attempting to configure an AccountRight file to Client Accounting, you may experience the error "You have not configured a financial datasource".
This may occur if Client Accounting is not able to read the file successfully. Client Accounting may not be able to read the file where:
- the offline username and password of an AccountRight Administrator user has been entered incorrectly,
- the AccountRight Server Edition is not installed on the server or PC where the AccountRight library is stored.
- the latest version of the AccountRight API has not been installed on the server or PC where your AccountRight library is stored.
- the services, including the AccountRight API service are not running on the server or PC where your AccountRight library is stored.
To resolve this error:
- Log in to AE/AO with your MYOB login and make sure you can access the file directly from AccountRight or Essentials.
- If you still get the error and you're using AccountRight, check the following items:
If you've configured...
|AccountRight Classic (v19 or earlier)|
If you still get the error and you're using a firewall or proxy server, make sure it has been Configuring your Firewall or Proxy for MYOB AE/AO.
Australia to download the relative version of AccountRight Server Edition.On the desktop where your AccountRight library is stored, review the AccountRight application icon. If Server Edition is installed, the icon will show "AccountRight 20xx.x SE". If Server Edition is not installed, refer to the my.MYOB Product Downloads page,
- From the desktop where your AccountRight library is stored, Click Start > All Programs > MYOB > MYOB AccountRight 20xx.x SE > Tools > Install AccountRight API.
- Continue through the wizard until the installation of the API is complete.
- Click Start and in the Search programs and files field type services.msc and press ENTER.
Review the services for MYOB AccountRight... including the API Service and the Library.If the MYOB AccountRight Library service is not started, this can result in MYOB Account Right files not being listed in the Configuration window for Client Accounting.
- Right-click on any of the MYOB AccountRight services which do not show as Started and select Start. The services are all started.