This support note applies to:
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
In MYOB Document Manager (DM) when opening Microsoft Excel documents you might get one of the followings errors:
- The document 'C:\users\username\documents\myob\document manager\1_1.xlsm' cannot be opened in this machine. Reason: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800AC472
- DMFile.CreateExcelFooterAndInsertReferenceNumber Exception from HRESULT: 0x800AC472
- Failed to create Excel spreadsheet in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\document manager\temp 6e30d422-e75c-4ea Reason: Exception from HRESULT: 0X800a03EC
These occur when you initially go to open the MS Excel spreadsheet and DM is trying to insert a reference number into the footer causing a delay in opening the spreadsheet. Then, because of this delay the document then is mistakenly selected twice to be opened in DM.
Run the following 3 steps to clear the error.
Fristly, close all Excel applications that are currently open.
Secondly, unlock the checked out document/s. As the error you experienced is triggered because the Excel document was mistakenly opened twice, the document currently holding the status of checked out is required to be unlocked.
Further information is available, refer to the Help Centre topic Unlocking checked out documents
- Follow the menu path: Maintenance > Maintenance Maps > Documents > Document Manager Setup.
- Select Application.
- De-select the Show reference number in footer for MS Excel documents checkbox.
This setting will now apply to any Excel documents opened thereafter.
MYOB INTERNAL NOTE:
Insert PR# 110586458212