This support note applies to:
- AE Accounts (AU)
There are some instances where you may need to copy an MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Accounts ledger from one contact/client to another. For example, if you have received an accounting ledger from another accounting firm and you wish to add it to your contact or client list.
To accomplish this, identify the unique file name for both AE Accounts ledgers and then copy the source data file and paste and rename the file using the file name for the destination contact.
Repeat the process for both the source client and the destination client and note down the file names for both clients.
- Open Windows Explorer or Computer and navigate to the data location. The files and folders appear.
- Right-click on the .act file for the destination client and select Rename. The file name becomes editable.
- Type a suitable name other than the current numerical file name and press ENTER. The file name is changed.
- Right-click on the .act file for the source client and select Copy. The file is copied to the Windows clipboard.
- Right-click in the Data folder and select Paste. The file is pasted into the Data folder with the name <copy of...>.
- Right-click on the copied file and select Rename. The file name becomes editable.
- Rename this file to be the name identified for the destination client and press ENTER. The file is renamed. This results in the ACT data from the source client, now also contained in the destination client.