This support note applies to:
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
In MYOB Document Manager (DM) the workstation setup configures your workstation for the following:
- Use DM within Accountants Enterprise;
- Creates the Start menu items;
- Enables the DM System Tray icon and
- Automatically performs the workstation installation for MYOB Intranet.
The workstation setup is performed by running the file DocMgrWkstn.exe file. The following details will provide you with instructions on how to un-install and install the DM workstation setup.
Before you begin
Before you install or uninstall Document Manager workstation, make sure:
- you're logged onto the workstation as the domain administrator (i.e. your user name is Administrator).
- you have temporarily disabled your Windows Firewall and Anti-Virus software.
- The workstation installation cannot proceed if the licence file is held open. Prior to running the workstation setup, ensure all users have closed out of the following programs:
MYOB Accountants Enterprise (including Document Manager and Intranet)
All Microsoft Office applications
- Internet Explorer
To un-install the DM workstation setup you also need to ensure that you uninstall the MYOB Intranet workstation setup. Perform the following instructions from the desktop of the workstation once you have logged in as the Domain Administrator.
Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens.
Select Programs and Features. The Uninstall or change a program window displays.If you cannot see the Programs and Features option this is because the Control Panel window has the View by option set as Category. Locate the View by option, click on the drop down arrow that appears and select Large Icons. You will now be able to locate the Program and Features options.
Highlight the file named MYOB Document Manager Workstation and click Uninstall. Windows starts to un-install the selected file. Once Windows has finished un-installing, the file will no longer appear in this window.
Highlight the file named MYOB Intranet Workstation and click Uninstall. Window starts to un-install the selected file. Once Windows has finished un-installing, this will no longer appear in this window.
When running the workstation setup for DM, this automatically runs the workstation setup for MYOB Intranet.
- Open Windows Explorer and select the Network option from the panel.
Navigate to \\<ServerName>\MYOBDM\ where <ServerName> is the name of your Server.
Double-click the Setup folder.
- Double-click DocMgrWkstn.exe. The workstation installation starts and the Welcome screen appears.
- Click Next. The Licence Agreement screen appears.
- Click Yes. The Workstation Location screen appears.
Ensure the default location is correct and click Next. The Ready to Install screen appears.If the installation location is incorrect, click Browse, select the desired location and click OK before proceeding.
Click Next. The workstation installation for DM and Intranet starts. The system will start copying the relevant files and configure your workstation. At the end the Installation Complete! screen appears.If you are installing the workstation setup and the MYOB Document Manager System Tray icon is open, when you click Next the following message appears "This installation has detected MYOB SysTray running.". You will need to right-click on the System Tray icon and select Exit before proceeding.
- Click Finish.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY:
The workstation setup cannot be run if the mrego.dll file is held open. Even IE holds the file open. Check Open files in Computer Management from Admin Tools in Control Panel. Intranet to be changed so that IE won't hold registration file open.