This support note applies to:
- AE Assets Live (AU)
- AE Workpapers (AU)
- AE Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE System Release (AU)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AE Corporate Compliance (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
If you have installed MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) combined install on a client-server network, you need to run a workstation installation on all workstations on your network to allow access to the latest version of AE.
This workstation setup includes the individual workstation setups for AE Tax, System Release, Practice Manager, Document Manager, Corporate Compliance and Client Accounting.
This means, you don't need to run these workstation setups individually any longer, as the combined installer will remove these setups and consolidate them into one.
Before you begin
- Ensure you are logged onto the workstation as an administrator
- Close all Microsoft (MS) Office applications
- Disable User Account Control (UAC) settings. Refer to Disabling User Account Control (UAC). If you change this setting, reboot the workstation prior to continuing.
- Enable Linked Connections. Refer to Enabling Linked Connections in Windows. If you change this setting, reboot the workstation prior to continuing.
- Disable any anti-virus programs temporarily that may be operating on the workstation.
- If you're installing on a Terminal Server, ensure you're logged into the Terminal Server as a domain administrator and the server has been set to Installing applications on a Terminal Server
- From the desktop of the workstation (or terminal server), Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to \\ServerName\MYOBAE\AESQL\WorkstationInstall, where ServerName is the name of the server or computer on which you performed the server installation.
- Double-click setup.exe. The Licence Agreement window appears.
- Read the Licence Agreement carefully then select the I have read and accept the licence agreement option and click Next. The Ready to Install window appears.
Click Install Now. The Installation Progress window appears.During installation if the message "If you receive an “Open file security” warning message when opening MYOB AE, it is recommended that you restart your computer appears" click OK.
When the installation is complete, the Installation Complete window appears.
- Click Finish. The workstation installation is complete.
- Press the Windows key and type Programs and Features, then press Enter. The Programs and Features list appears.
- Locate MYOB Accountants Enterprise Workstation, right click on it and choose Change/Remove. The Uninstall wizard appears.
- Follow the prompts and click Uninstall Now to remove the application. MYOB Accountants Enterprise Workstation is removed successfully.