This support note applies to:
- AO Classic Practice Management (AU)
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
If MYOB AO Classic is installed on a 64 bit operating system you may experience anomalies interacting with the Microsoft Office software suite of programs. MYOB only supports integration with 32 bit versions of Microsoft Office 2010.
If MYOB AO Classic is installed on a 64 bit operating system you may experience anomalies when the software is not installed with the correct rights and security permissions.
When AO Classic is initially installed User Account Controls (UAC) should be set to never notify before the install is performed. The installation should also be performed by using the option to right-click on the application and select Run as Administrator to ensure all shared windows components are installed correctly.
- Reinstall AO Classic with recommended settings, temporarily turn off UAC. Refer to Disabling User Account Control (UAC) Restart the Workstation to apply the UAC change then on the installer right-click and select Run as Administrator.
- Check the Registry settings for ODBC.
- Ensure the Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver is correctly configured - The Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver" is a 32-bit driver only, even on 64-bit workstations. When configuring ODBC drivers on a 64-bit system, you first need to ensure you are in the 32-bit Administrator panel. You can verify this by opening up ODBC, which opens the ODBC Data Source Administrator window.
Then right-click on the Taskbar, select Task Manager, select the Processes tab and then sort processes alphabetically by clicking the Image Name column header.
If you see odbcad32.exe, then it's the 64-bit Administrator that is open. If you see odbcad32.exe *32, then it's the 32-bit Administrator that is open. If the 64-bit Administrator has opened, then close it.
To open the 32-bit version, click Start > Run, and type: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe, and click OK.
- Install Microsoft Office Data Connectivity Components Apply the Microsoft 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=23734