This support note applies to:
- AE Document Manager (AU)
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
**DO NOT MODIFY THIS ARTICLE. WHERE CHANGES ARE REQUIRED, REFER TO THE TECHNICAL SERVICES TEAM**
This article is an overview of how to migrate MYOB Document Manager (DM) to a new server.
The procedure involves a clean installation of the program files on the new server and restoring the database and documents on the new server.
MYOB does provide a migration service. If you have any doubts or concerns about completing this migration yourself, please contact MYOB and arrange for one of our consultants to perform the migration for you. This service may require a booking, so please plan well in advance.
If you experience issues with MYOB software after following the instructions below, additional assistance on your migration may fall outside of the terms of your Sales and Service Agreement.
Please read through these instructions prior to undertaking the migration process.
It is required that you migrate MYOB Practice Manager to the new server before Migrating Document Manager. For details of how to migrate AE PM to a new server refer to Migrating AE Practice Manager to a new server.
To find the location of your Document Manager file store
Open MYOB Practice Manager (AE PM) and follow the menu path Maintenance > Documents > Document Manager Setup > File Store tab and note the location.
To find the location of your Intranet file store
Open MYOB Practice Manager (AE PM) and follow the menu path Maintenance > Documents > Intranet Administration > Tools > Configuration and note the location.
- Open SSMS.
- In the AEDB database, go to the table pmo_SyncConfiguration.
- Right-click the table and select edit top 200.
- Delete the row with the registered_database_identifier key.
Please refer to the Document Manager installation guide on the my.MYOB Product Downloads page, Australia for details of how to install Document Manager.
Open up Control Panel > Programs and features and remove MYOB Document Manager Workstation and MYOB Intranet Workstation if they exist.
To run a Document Manager workstation install:
- Click the Start button and select Run.
- In the Open field type \\SERVERNAME\MYOBDM\SETUP\docmgrwkstn.exe, where SERVERNAME is the name of the server where Document Manager is installed.
Disable the following services from the old server so the users don't access the data from the old server.
- SQL Server(MYOBACCT) or SQL Server(name of your AE SQL instance)
- MYOB OntheGo Service
- MYOB Sync Client Service
- MYOB Tax SBR Sender Service (if exists)
- MYOB DM Portal Sync Service
To disable the services:
- On the old server, go to Control Panel > Services.
- Right click the service you want to disable, for example SQL Server(MYOBACCT) and select Properties.
- At Startup type, select Disabled from the drop-down.
- At Service status, click Stop.
- Click OK.
You'll also need to remove the share from the shared MYOB folder (for example S6SYSTEM, AONET). Talk to your IT on how to remove sharing from a folder.