This support note applies to:
- AE System Release (NZ)
- AE System Release (AU)
- PMA (NZ)
- PMA (AU)
- AE MAS (NZ)
- AE MAS (AU)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AE Assets (AU)
- AE Assets (NZ)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AE Accounts (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
In a terminal server environment, you may notice old printers appearing in System Release that no longer exist. These printers appearing can also affect the speed of printing.
When a printer is installed in windows, the Windows Registry will populate with the relevant keys. If the printer has not been installed correctly, registry keys for the printer may not appear in the Windows Registry. Similarly, if the printer has not been fully uninstalled you may find that the windows registry has retained the keys for the uninstalled printer.
The following information will guide you through removing any extraneous printers. You can also use these steps to identify if the printer has installed correctly
- From the Start menu, select Run.
- In the Open field, type regedit and press enter on the keyboard. Registry editor appears.
- Right-click on Computer and select Export.
- Navigate and select a location to save the export and type backup.reg in the File name field. Then click Save.
A backup of the Windows Registry has been saved to your nominated location.
- From within the Windows Registry Editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PrinterPorts.
- Right-click and delete any printers from this list that should no longer appear.
- Repeat step 2 for the following registry key/s:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices
- HKEY_USERs\<user sid>\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices
- HKEY_USERs\<user sid>\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PrinterPorts
Where <user sid> is the security identifier for the affected users.
You have now removed old printers from the Terminal Server. The printers will no longer appear in System Release.