This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- Timecost (AU)
- Profiles (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) you may be required to run the Database Maintenance utility. The following information will step you through this process. MYOB recommends that this procedure be performed every month.
If you use AE Tax, run the Database Maintenance utility from the data server. This is because the MYOB Administration Centre services lock the databases whilst they are running. Running Database Maintenance from the Data server will temporarily stop the MYOB Administration Centre services, and when the utility is finished running, the services will start up again.
- Ensure all users have exited MYOB Accountants Enterprise by running the Application Finder utility from the data server. For more details, see Running Application Finder.
- From the windows desktop, follow the menu path Start > All Programs > MYOB Accountants Enterprise > DataSafe. The DataSafe Utilities window appears.
- Click Support Tools. The Database Utilities window appears.
- Select Database Maintenance in the Utility field and click Run Now. The prompt 'Are you sure you want to proceed?' appears.
Click Yes. The utility checks the database files and reports Completed.If a Locked Databases window appears, run the Application finder again to check users are still out of MYOB as listed under the In use by one or more of the following user(s) field in the Locked Databases section. Once all users have exited MYOB, click Retry.
- Click OK. The Database Utilities window appears.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
Database Maintenance should be used when experiencing Error 42, Timecost Data Close (paging files) issues, and general database maintenance.
The routine will expand and compact the databases, and also set the paging files limit to 60000 for all databases.