This support note applies to:
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
In MYOB Administration Centre 3 (AC3) integration, you may experience the Tax Contact does not flow through from AE Practice Manager to AE Tax.
To check what data transfers from MYOB AE Practice Manager to AE Tax refer to Information that flow through from AE Practice Manager to AE Tax
MYOB Administration Centre 3 is designed to allow data flow through to latest year of tax installed. If tax 2011 is the latest year of tax installed updating tax contact in the Extra's tab will only update AE Tax for the year 2011. For any 2010 or prior year return system selects this from contact profiles attributes.
The following article applies if Tax Contact does not flow through to a prior year tax return.
- Open prior year return that the tax contact does not appear in. Prior year tax return appears.
- Follow the menu path Preparation > Contact Profile. Contacts window appears with contact profile of the selected client.
- Close the tax return for the client. Tax return is closed.
- Navigate to Attributes tab. Contents of Attributes tab appears.
- Search for Tax Contact. Tax contact will be displayed as correct tax contact code.
- Change the tax contact from correct Tax Contact code to some another code and press Tab. Next field is highlighted.
- Click on Matters tab. Contents of Matters Tab appear.
- Click on Attributes tab. Contents of Attributes tab appears.
- Search for Tax Contact. Tax contact will be displayed.
- Change the tax contact to correct Tax Contact code and press Tab. Next field is highlighted.
Close out of contact profile and open the prior year return. Prior year return appears with correct tax contact.Changing this once will update all not complete prior year returns for the client.