This support note applies to:
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
In MYOB Tax 2018.1, you will see the - Unexpected System error when accessing the Activity Statement Obligations homepage.
This happens if you have duplicate ABN/TFN in the AE/AO.
To fix the issue, you need to run a SQL script.
- Download and save the Duplicate TFN or ABN's @obligations error v2.5.sql script. For example, save to the desktop of the computer or in a central location such as X:\MYOBAO, X:\MYOBAE or X:\SOL64.
- Log into MYOB AE/AO as a SuperUser (Administrator) and go to Help > About > Run Script.
- From within the About window, click Run Script.
- Click the ellipsis button to the right of the Script file name field.
- Browse to and select the saved script. Then click Open.
- Enter in the SQL system administrator password in the SQL Admin Password field. Ask your system administrator for the password.
- Click Run Script. The message "It is recommended that the database be backed up before running scripts. Do you want to backup to the default backup directory?" appears. Click No
- Once the script has completed, the prompt "The upgrade script has completed. It is recommended that the application is closed and restarted after an upgrade script is run. Do you want to close the application now?" appears. Click No.
The Script Output will show you the list of Client codes with duplicate ABN/TFN. Make a note of the client codes/ABN or you can copy and paste the information into notepad.
To remove the duplicate ABN/TFN
- Log in to AE/AO
- Search for the client using the ABN/TFN or the client code
- Delete the ABN/TFN from the Main or the Extra tab.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
Insert PR# 161688378328
- Where the EV log error is... Activity Statement Obligations - LoadGridCallback-Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_#BE9762E_C0312216B2F726A2'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.@obligations'.
The duplicate key value is (###########)
- Where # is BAS DIN number...
1. Logon to SQL SMSS and navigate to PM db>TaxSbrSender_ActivityStatementObligationTracking table, filtering by DIN quoted in EV log
DIN, ABN, TFN must be a unique identifier, two BAS with same DIN will cause this issue
if one row appears, DIN duplication is not likely to be the cause
2. Ensure no ABN, TFN duplicates in main, extras, addresses tabs of taxpayer affected
3. Duplicate responsibilities or any field of ASO field chooser will also cause this issue, inactive employees assigned as well.
- Where EV log error is... Activity Statement Obligations - LoadGridCallback-Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.System.ExceptionTimeout expired.
1. Determine if issue is random, intermittent or constant. Support needs to detail 5 Ws, compare performance on workstations to SQL server, noting time to load or generate error between machines
2. With this information Contact PS, they may require walkup raised.
PS agent should consider dbcc FREEPROCCACHE sql script and https://arlive.atlassian.net/browse/PRCTAX-1810#icft=PRCTAX-1810 tests