This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
You may find in come instances when creating a timesheet that the Assignment attached to a client is not available to select from the drop-down list.
If one or a few assignments are affected
Check if one client or a number of clients are affected.
- If only one client, check the client has open assignments. Refer KB 34347 - Re-opening a client
- Check if Assignment Data Security is turned on. This may impact which assignments employees have access to. Refer Assignment Data Security
- Where the client has open assignments, check the Task Related field on the client Schedule tab of the assignment is not ticked UNLESS there are Schedules attached.
If you have schedules attached to the assignments and these are not appearing in Timesheets, you may need to check whether they have been allocated correctly. To check, highlight the stage and click Allocations from Task Bar > Schedules. If there are any employee names appearing, they will only be available to these employees.
If all assignments are affected
Check if one or all employees are affected.
- If only one employee and they are a new employee, check the employee Main tab > Stationed and ensure their start date is not a future date. Refer Finding and opening employee records
- If an existing employee is affected, check the employee Main tab > Stationed and ensure there is no end date. If the employee has left and returned to the practice, add a new entry under Stationed with their new start date and update the remaining fields.
- If a number or all employees are affected, check if Assignment Data Security is turned on. Refer Assignment Data Security