Refer to Item 56 Choice for resident trustee to be assessed to capital gains on behalf of beneficiaries on the ATO website.
To complete item 56:
- Enter or select the Assessment code at label X.
- Click label Y to open the list of beneficiaries.
- Highlight and select from those listed or click New to open a blank beneficiary worksheet (xT).
- In the beneficiary xT worksheet scroll down to label F. At the field below label F ‘Trustee choice to pay capital gains’ enter the amount the trustee is choosing to pay.
- Close the beneficiary worksheet (xT).
- The amount at label Y is updated with the change made in the xT.