Most of the key changes for 2020 are for individual tax returns:
Income details schedule (INCDTLS)—ATO has introduced a mandatory Income Details schedule (INCDTLS) to report income details at a granular level in an individual tax return. Most of the income labels are now completed using a worksheet that is integrated to the income details schedule.
- As part of the income details schedule, we've created new worksheets, such as Attributed personal services payments (aps), Australian annuities payment summary (aap), Foreign pensions and annuities (fpa).
- There's a new Rental Schedules (ren, rep and RNTLPRPTY).
The ATO has decommissioned a few schedules, such as Work-related expenses schedule (W) and Non-individual PAYG payment summary schedule (PS).
- We've made changes for COVID-19 support for business.
- JobKeeper payments - If you're sole trader receiving JobKeeper payments, you need to report it in your tax return. See the Sole Traders on the ATO website for more info.
For the rest of the compliance changes, see the MYOB AE/AO release notes—2020.0 (Australia).
Are your tax returns stuck on transmitting or transmitted? Want to know the PLS lodgment status?
- Check out our online services status page.
- It shows the PLS status for ATO and MYOB services.
- By default, you'll only see services experiencing issues.
To see the status of every service, click Affected only.
For troubleshooting, technical queries or just finding out how it all works in the software, there are a few ways we can help you:
- Log in to my.MYOB and search our knowledge base
- Submit a support request via my.MYOB
Contact us to visit the help centre or call our support team
Ask a question or search for answers in the MYOB Community forum.
Did you know you can press F1 in the software and it will display the appropriate online help topic?