As a hierarchical classification is introduced into a Essentials Accounting or Cashbook general ledger when it is imported into Client Accounting, it is not necessary to select an account type when adding extra accounts.
This functionality applies to all products except for Practice Ledger.
- Open the workpapers period. See Opening an existing period. The Prepare Trial Balance (Workpapers) table is displayed.
- Click Add account on the Tasks bar. The Add Account window opens.
- Select the classification for the account from the Account Classification drop-down.
- Select the Account Type from the drop-down.
- Enter the account number into the Account Number field.The account number must be unique. It is limited to a maximum of 10 alphanumeric characters. The Account Number field is a free text field and does not necessarily have to contain only numbers. This is a mandatory field and you must enter a value.
- Enter the Account Name. The Account Name field is limited to a maximum of 30 alphanumeric characters. This is a mandatory field and you must enter a value.
- Click OK. The added account is displayed in the table in italics in the appropriate place in the chart of accounts.