Sometimes when financial statements are generated, information that should be kept together is separated by page breaks. You can insert a manual page break to keep related information together. When you insert a manual page break, the financial statement is regenerated to include the page break.
You cannot remove any system-defined page breaks. Manual page breaks can only be inserted into a financial statement during preview. When the financial statement is closed, any manual page breaks that have been inserted are saved for future use.
You can remove all page breaks that were manually inserted using the Remove All toolbar option. You will revert to the original page settings. Manual page breaks that you have inserted can also be removed individually.
If you have already inserted a manual page break in a certain section of the financial statement, you cannot insert another manual page break at that location. The Insert page break right-click option is not available.
You cannot insert a manual page break in the following sections of a financial statement:
table of contents
page header or footer
the Declaration and Compilation Report.
- Preview the financial statement for the client. See Previewing financial statements. The Report Preview window opens.
- Decide where a page break should be inserted.
- Place the cursor at the account header level of the paragraph or the title.
If you want to insert a manual page break in a Balance Sheet or Profit and Loss Statement, the page break will occur at the row where your cursor is placed.
If you want to insert a manual page break in the Accounting Policies or Other Notes section, the page break will occur from the header paragraph or note where your cursor is placed.
- Right-click and select Insert page break. A page break is inserted above the selected account header and the financial statement is regenerated to include the manual page break. The Page Break icon on the toolbar keeps a tally of the number of page breaks you have inserted into the whole report.
- In the Report Preview window, select the section where the manual page break was inserted.
- Right-click and select Remove page break. The page break is removed and the financial statement is regenerated.
- In the Report Preview window, click Page Break > Remove All on the toolbar. A Statutory Reporter message is displayed requesting that you confirm the removal of all manual page breaks.
- Click Yes. All page breaks inserted by you are removed and the financial statement is regenerated. The Page break count on the toolbar reverts to zero.