Accountants Enterprise only
The Check box field is used to create a checklist in a practice template. Create a checklist to ensure that all factors have been considered when preparing a workpaper or to outline the procedure involved in preparing an entire workpaper file.
- Open the practice template for editing. See Opening a practice template for editing.
- Position the mouse cursor in the practice template where the new field is to be inserted.
- Click Insert Field on the toolbar.
Select Insert > Field on the main menu. The Insert Field window opens.
Select Check box.
Click OK. The Check Box window opens.
Enter a Field name for the Check box field. The Field name is automatically filled when the Check Box window opens. You can accept the default or overwrite it. The system will allocate the next sequential number prefixed by a X for check box fields.
If you decide to overwrite the default Field name, then enter a unique Field name. Conditions for the Field name :
It is limited to a maximum of 30 alphanumeric characters.
It must not start with a number, as this affects the calculations.
It must not contain any spaces.
It may contain an underscore as part of the name.
It is not case sensitive.
Select the Display values. There are two options:
If this option is selected, a tick will be displayed in a check box when you select for a ‘yes’ response. Otherwise the check box will be blank.
- Tick and cross
If this option is selected, a tick will be displayed in a check box for a ‘yes’ response, a cross for a ‘no’ response and blank if left unselected.
- Select the Default value of the check box. The available options are Blank (the default), Yes and No.
- The Rollover value to next period checkbox is selected by default. This means that entered check box will be displayed in the same field in the next rollover period. Deselect the Rollover value to next period checkbox, if you do not want the check box value to be rolled over.
- Click OK. The Check box field is placed at the insertion point. The Check Box window and the Insert Field window close.