For AE/AO Ledger, AccountRight Live, Essentials Cashbook, and Essentials Accounting, you can view the transactions in the Workpapers trial balance sheet, group and filter transactions, and export to Excel.
- Open the Workpapers period. See Opening an existing period. The Prepare Trial Balance (Workpapers) table is displayed.
- Select one account in the table.
Click the checkbox in the first column of the selected account.
- To display the transactions, either:
click View transactions on the Tasks bar
right-click on the account in the table and select View transactions.
You can open multiple View Transactions windows to view different accounts, for example.
All the settings (e.g. group, filter) to change the display of transactions are retained. When you close the View Transactions window and reopen it, the display settings are the same.
The Summary section shows the following information:
The opening balance of the transactions displayed in the table.
The difference between the opening and closing balances of the displayed transactions.
The closing balance of the transactions displayed in the table.
The fields that are displayed in the View Transactions window are outlined in the table below.
Date of the transaction, in the format dd/mm/yyyy.
The type of transaction—withdrawal, general journal, deposit.
The transaction reference number.
A description of the transaction, such as the purpose.
The line description is shown added to the contents of the Journal Note field for AccountRight Live, Practice Ledger, and Cashbook.
Amounts debited for withdrawals and general journal transactions.
Amount of credit for deposits.
The type of tax applying to each transaction.
Amount of goods and services tax for each transaction.
- In the View Transactions window, click and drag a column header (field) into the grouping bar “Drag a column header here to group by that column”. The transactions are grouped by the data in that column.
- To remove grouping, drag the column name from the grouping bar back into the transaction table.
- If you want to further group transactions within each group, that is grouping within a group, drag a second column header into the grouping bar. The transactions are displayed by the first column header, and then further groupings within each of those groups.
- In the View Transactions window, click in the filter bar just below the column header that you want to sort transactions for. The filter bar has a icon at the left.
- In the filter bar field, either:
select a data name from the drop-down
type the data name.
The transactions that match the data name are displayed.You can use the asterisk character (*) as a wildcard. For example, type *BP* to find all transactions that contain ‘BP’ somewhere in the description.
To remove the filter and display all transactions, click on the icon on the field in the filter bar.
In the View Transactions window, enter the From date and To date.The dates must be within the workpaper period start and end dates.
- Click on the Search button. The transactions that occurred in that period are displayed.
In the View Transactions window, click and drag a column header to the left or right to change the order in which the columns are displayed.
When you have selected transactions by grouping and filtering, you can export the transactions to Excel.
In the View Transactions window, click on the Export to Excel button. An Excel spreadsheet will open, showing the selected transactions.
Save the spreadsheet.