You won't be able to use either software after 31 March 2024. Learn what this means for you
The Cancel Shares wizard is used to cancel all or some shares of a particular class that have been issued by the selected corporation.
This wizard is available for all corporations, except corporations that are limited by guarantee, as indicated in each corporation’s Details screen (see Viewing corporation details).
- Select and open the corporation. See Selecting a corporation. The corporation opens at the Details tab.
- Click Cancel shares on the Task Bar. The Cancel Shares wizard opens.
- Select the Share class you want to cancel from the list of share classes that have been issued by the corporation.
- Select whether you want to cancel some or all shares of the class.
- Click Next. The Enter cancellation details screen opens.
- Enter the Date of cancellation (dd/mm/yyyy) or select the date from the calendar.
- Enter the Total number of shares cancelled.
- Enter the Amount paid for cancelling each share. The Total amount paid is automatically calculated.
- Click Next. The Select the reason for the share cancellation screen opens.
Select a reason for the share cancellation from the list.
- Click Next. The Select the documents to be produced screen opens.
Select the documents to be produced: Form 484 — Cancellation of Shares, Minutes and Share Certificates.
Select the Signing officer from the list.
Enter the Date signed (dd/mm/yyyy) or select the date from the calendar.
If relevant, indicate if the form 484 is being generated In response to a company statement (as required for Form 484C).
If you have selected to print minutes, enter the details of each meeting held.
Click Next. The Finish screen opens.
Select the documents you want to preview.
Click Finish. If you selected to preview documents in the previous screen, they display on the Print preview screen (see Previewing forms and documents).
If you did not select to preview documents, the ASIC Form Validation screen opens (see ASIC forms validation).