Any set of data within a report can be sorted either alphabetically or numerically, depending on the data type.
You can change the order in which data is presented from the Run Report Settings tab.
Sorting can be applied when you create a new report or edit an existing report.
Examples of sorting:
- Sort a client report by client code or client name
- Sort a WIP report by Client Partner or Manager
- Sort an Employee report by Employee name or Employee Category.
In the toolbar, click the Reports icon.
- Select one of the reporting area categories or sub-areas from the Tasks bar.
- Click New to create a new report or click Edit to edit an existing report.
In a new report, once you have added your fields, click the Run Report Settings tab.
When you edit a saved report, it automatically opens with the Run Report Settings tab.
In the field listing, select the checkbox beside each of the fields that you want to sort by in the Sort column.
By default, a report is sorted by the field or fields you have selected for grouping data. Any additional sorts that you specify will only be applied within each group of data.
Click OK. The Save Report Layout window opens.
Select Save as new report and type or edit the suggested Title if necessary.
Click OK to save the design and close the New / Change Report page.