Release date—20 July 2023
Make sure you've installed MYOB AE/AO release notes—2023.0 (Australia) before installing this hotfix. Otherwise, the installation will not continue.
Occupation code rejection
- The ATO has made the changes to the occupation codes list. Based on that, we've updated the occupation codes list and implemented an F3 validation error (V50) that will appear if you use any of the invalid occupation codes.
See the ATO's website for a list of occupation codes.
After installing the hotfix, validate any 2023 tax returns that are in progress or completed status to check if you've used any invalid occupation codes.
Small business boost fields
- The ATO has passed the legislation for the Small Business Boost so you no longer need to tick Legislation has passed for the small business skills in Control Record properties. This is now removed.
The small business fields are no longer disabled and you'll be able to enter the amounts.
- If you use Tax tracking to roll over from the previous year, tax return statuses aren't appearing. This is now fixed.
When rolling over a capital loss from 2022 to 2023, the CGT pyl worksheet was not populating with the capital loss amount. This is now fixed.
If you have any 2023 tax returns with In progress status, you may find some instances where the pyl schedule still has the incorrect capital loss amount. In that case, we recommend checking the amount and deleting the pyl worksheet, and recreating it.
- The H1 Credit for interest on Early payments amount will now rollover to the Early Payment Interest Credit field even if there's no interest worksheet.
- IITR.W00002: Check AASIS details have been provided correctly. This error occurs in the Australian superannuation income stream worksheet. Even though this is a warning, the complete button is not available. This is now fixed.
- IITR.730088 - Assessable foreign source income is incorrect. This issue occurs when Foreign entity CFC income and Foreign entity transferor trust income are incorrectly included when calculating the Assessable foreign source income on the main return.
- CMN.ATO.IITR.730084: This error occured when there are more than 20 interest records and at least 2 of the fields (EPI, interest on overpayment, and delayed refund) has a value. This is now fixed.
- V23 - Invalid value, cannot be negative. This issue occurs when the PAYG instalment income (label T1) is 0 and the Commissioner’s rate (T2) or Varied rate.
Follow the steps below to install the hotfix.
- You must have MYOB AE/AO version 5.4.47 installed and the Tax version is 2023.0. To check your current version, click Help > About.
If you don't have 2023.0 installed, you'll see the following message when installing the hotfix.
- Ensure you have administrator access to the server where MYOB AE/AO is installed.
- Ensure all users are logged out of MYOB Tax.
- A workstation install is not required.
- Go to my.MYOB and download the MYOB Tax Hotfix 100830303 - Installer file to your server location where you installed MYOB AE/AO.
- Double-click the executable to start the installation.
- In the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard window, click Next.
- Select I accept the terms in the licence agreement. Click Next.
- In Ready to install window, click Install to start the installation.
- On the Install Completed window, click Finish.
This release does not require a workstation install
- Open a 2023 tax return.
- Select Help > About.
- Check that the Version is 2023.0a.