This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Workpapers (AU)
- AO Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
If you installed MYOB Accountants Office (AO) on a client server or peer-to-peer network you need to run a workstation installation to allow the workstations on your network access to the latest MYOB AO.
- You are logged onto the workstation as an administrator.
Disable UAC. Refer to Disabling User Account Control (UAC)If you change this setting reboot the workstation prior to continuing.
Enable Linked Connections - KB Enabling Linked Connections in WindowsReboot the workstation after applying this setting.
- You have disabled any anti-virus programs that may be operating on the workstation.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to: \\servername\MYOBAO\AOSQL\WorkstationInstall, where: servername is the name of the server or computer on which you performed the server installation.
- Double-click on setup.exe. The Licence Agreement window appears.
Read the Licence Agreement carefully then select the I have read and accept the licence agreement option and click Next. The Installation in progress window appears.During installation if the message ‘If you receive an “Open file security” warning message when opening MYOB AO, it is recommended that you restart your computer’ appears, click OK.
When the installation is complete, the Installation Complete window appears.
Click Finish. The workstation installation is complete.