This support note applies to:
- AO Classic Tax (AU)
- AO Classic Practice Management (AU)
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
If you have upgraded your Accountants Office Classic (AO Classic) to a network licence, you'll need to change your standalone computer to a network and then connect other workstations into the network.
To do this, remove the registry settings, uninstall AO Classic and map a network drive for which to install AO Classic.
Take a backup of your Data folder located in C:\MYOBAO. Refer to Backing up my AO Classic data for more details.
After taking a backup of the Data folder:
- Right-click on the C:\MYOBAO folder and select Rename.
- Add .OLD to the end of the folder name. The folder is renamed to MYOBAO.OLD.
For more details on editing/deleting registry items refer to Important information for making registry edits and file changes
- Press and hold the Windows key + Ron the keyboard. The Run window opens.
- In the Open field, type Regedit and click OK. The Windows Registry Editor opens.
Navigate to the following locations and delete the Accountants Office folder.
Operating System Location 32-bit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CA-Systems\Accountants Office 64-bit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CA-Systems\Accountants Office
- Right-click on the Accountants Office folder select Delete. The registry folder is deleted.
- Open Control Panel > Programs and Features
- Select MYOB Accountants Office (This is not MYOB AO)
- Right-click MYOB Accountants Office and select Uninstall. Accountants Office is uninstalled.