This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AE Statutory Reporter (NZ)
- Workpapers (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Workpapers (AU)
- AE Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
We're simplifying the way your practice accesses MYOB Solutions by cutting down on the number of passwords you need to remember. We are moving to a single user name and password, known as an MYOB Login for accessing products such as:
- MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) or Accountants Office (AO);
- MYOB AccountRight;
- MYOB Essentials and
Installing MYOB 5.4.7 or later now requires that all employees in your practice to use a valid MYOB Login to access MYOB AE/AO.
This is required in the following versions:
- Accountants Enterprise: (Version 5.4.7) Australia & New Zealand
- Accountants Office: Install Version 2014.1a (Version 5.4.7) Australia
- Accountants Office: Install Version 2014.2a (Version 5.4.7) New Zealand
View the demonstration on Preparing your Practice for MYOB Login.
Run the following two steps to active your MYOB Logins:
After you have successfully installed MYOB AE/AO version 5.4.7 or later you are required to enter the Practice MYOB Login details. If you are a Superuser (AE) or Administrator (AO) and have previously entered the Practice MYOB Login details, the "Setup MYOB Login" window appears with the details pre-populated.
Confirm the Practice MYOB Login details that appear and click Save & Proceed to continue. If you have not previously entered the Practice MYOB Login details, the "Set up MYOB Logins" window appears blank for Superusers or Administrators only.
Where the practice_name is the name of your practice.
Enter the required information in the Set up MYOB Logins window:
- MYOB client code;
- MYOB Login and
Once you have enter the above information click Save & Proceed.
The Set up MYOB Logins window appears.
Select the "Set up MYOB Logins for these employees" option to continue. The following "Set up MYOB Logins" window appears and displays the employees without MYOB Login details.
Highlight an employee and select "Add an MYOB Login...". The Edit MYOB Login - <Employee Name> window displays.
Select from one of the following options:
- An employee's MYOB Login must be unique within each MYOB database.
You cannot have two employees with the same MYOB Login in the same database.
- If an employee is required to access two different databases within the same practice
(i.e. the MYOB Login screen provides the choice of which database to access from the drop down list), the employee can use the same MYOB Login details for each database.
This employee has an MYOB Login
If the employee already has an existing MYOB Login but it has not been detected, enter the MYOB Login and select OK. The Edit my.MYOB Login window appears:
Click Yes to confirm the details and the employee will automatically be linked to the practice's my.MYOB account. The employee can now login into MYOB using their MYOB Login details. I would like to create an MYOB Login for this employee
If the employee does not have an MYOB Login, you can create a login by entering their email address and clicking OK. The Edit my.MYOB Details window appears.
If you select Yes, a login will be created and linked automatically to the practice's my.MYOB account. The employee can now login into MYOB using their MYOB login details.
- Each employee creating an MYOB Login will receive an email containing a link to a web page that will help them set up their password for their my.MYOB account. Passwords will need to be at least 8 characters long and contain both letters and numbers, this password will not expire.
- Creating an MYOB Login from within MYOB AE/AO does not provide access to the my.MYOB website. For details on how to update your access and the benefits in accessing this website, refer toUpdating my employees rights in my.MYOB
Once you have entered all the employee MYOB Login details click Continue. The Set up MYOB Logins window appears and confirms all active employees that have been set up with MYOB Logins.
Select the tick box "I acknowledge that all employees will need an MYOB Login to access MYOB AE/AO" and click Complete. All active employees can now enter MYOB using their valid MYOB Login details.