When you export journals from Workpapers to MAS or Accounts ledgers, Workpapers assumes that you have imported the resulting export file into the MAS or Accounts ledger. But if you do not import the export file into the MAS or Accounts ledger, and then import the latest client balances into Workpapers, Workpapers will incorrectly ignore the exported journal amounts when calculating it final balances. You must mark the journals as not exported in order for Workpapers to calculate the correct final balances.
This is not an issue if Client Accounting is integrated with AccountRight.
- Open the workpapers period. See Opening an existing period. The Prepare Trial Balance (Workpapers) table is displayed.
- Click View all on the Tasks bar. The Journals window opens.
- Select the journals that have not been exported. Ensure that the checkboxes are ticked.
- Click Mark as not exported. The selected journals are marked as not exported.
- Click Close. The Journals window closes.