Release date – 10 August 2023
Reporter is a tool that generates reports using an underlying general ledger system. It enables integration to the Accounts general ledger product.
Read through this guide completely before starting the installation. It will help you plan for all the required tasks.
Make sure the following product versions are installed before attempting to run this installer.
|Accounts||8.22 or 6.38|
|Reporter||3.5 (build 1)|
Before you begin:
- Check that your computer meets the system requirements.
- Back up your data. See To back up your data using DataSafe below.
Disable your anti-virus software.
- Close all Accounts and Reporter products on the server and workstations.
- Restart the server.
- Log in to your server as an administrator.
- Ensure you know:
- the installed location of AE Accounts – for example, X:\MYOB\bin.
- the location of your AE Accounts data files (.act) – for example, X:\Data\MYOB.
See To identify the installed location for MYOB AE Accounts below.
- Open an Accounts ledger and select Help > About MYOB AE Accounts. The About MYOB AE Accounts window opens.
- Click Application Details. The AE Accounts Application Details window opens.
- Take note of the Installed location and Database location and click OK. The About MYOB AE Accounts window opens.
- Click Close. The Accounts ledger displays.
- Click Start > Programs > MYOB Accountants Enterprise > DataSafe. The DataSafe Utilities window opens.
- Click Backup Now. The DataSafe Backup window opens.
- Click Special - keep until manually deleted.
- Enter a name for the backup so you can easily identify it afterwards. For example, Pre Reporter 3.5.7 backup.
Make sure you have backed up your Accounts ledger data, such as your .act files.
Run this installation on the server for Accounts. The install includes updated components for Masters and Reporter integration.
You'll need to be on the server to install this update.
- Log in to my.MYOB and go to My Products > Downloads.
- Select MYOB Reporter from the drop-down.
- Select MYOB AE Reporter for Accounts 3.5.7 - Update and download the file to your server.
- Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation. The installation wizard Welcome window appears.
- Select To continue, ensure the Release Notes have been read... and click Next. The Licence Agreement appears.
- Review the licence agreement, click Yes to accept. The backup reminder window appears.
- Make sure you've backed up your data, and click Yes. The Ready to Install window appears.
- Click Install. When the installation is complete, the Installation Complete window appears.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
You only need to run a workstation install if you are installing Reporter on a new workstation. There’s no need to upgrade Reporter on your existing workstations for this release.
To ensure a workstation can use Reporter, run the workstation setup process from the installation location:
Navigate to the X:\MYOB\Setup\Reporter Integration folder
- Double-click the file Setup.exe. The installation wizard starts.
- If you do not see the extension .exe, the file to run is as listed above with a file type of ‘Application’. For more details regarding enabling file extensions refer to Viewing hidden files, folders and drives or enabling file extensions in Windows.
Answer the questions as the wizard continues, then click Finish. The installation is complete.
At the Destination Folder screen select the relevant location for your operating system:
32 bit: C:\Program files\MYOB\Reporter
64 bit: C:\Program files (x86)\MYOB\Reporter
When installing MYOB AE Reporter 3.5, if you select an incorrect location for your environment or a destination which is different to where MYOB AE Reporter is installed, you may experience the error ‘This update is unable to detect AE Reporter program files from the selected directory’.
For more details refer to Error: "This update is unable to detect AE Reporter program files from the selected directory".
Open your Accounts client ledger.
Click Reports > Reporter > Generate Reports. The Reporter Generator opens.
Click Help > About. The window should display.
- Version: 3.5 (Build 1)
- Masters: 3.5.224
If you disabled your antivirus or User Accounts Control (UAC) before installation, enable your antivirus and UAC.