This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
You may experience the situation where specific addresses or no addresses are transferring from MYOB AE Practice Manager to tax returns.
This is usually caused by an issue with the MYOB Administration Centre, or with incorrectly named variables in the system under the Maintenance menu.
In order to resolve this, check the addresses variables; restart the services within the MYOB Administration Centre and then perform a Resync for the relevant clients.
Addresses may not flow through to the Tax return for the following reasons:
If your tax return status is Completed or Lodged, changes to the address will not flow through to the tax return. You can edit the status of the return to In Progress for the address to flow through. See Changing the status of a tax return or form on how to edit the status of the tax return.
In the Front Cover of the tax return, Use Client address? is set to N.
The State on addresses integrated to a Tax return must be entered in abbreviated format, for example, ACT, NSW, WA, SA, VIC, and TAS. The full state name will not integrate properly and errors will be visible in the MYOB Administration Centre window and recorded in the IntegrationMonitor.log file eg Address '<client address>", has an invalid Australian State/Territory. Valid states/territories are NSW, VIC, SA, QLD, WA, TAS, NT, ACT.
Edit the address in AE Practice Manager with the correct State format for the address to correctly display on the tax return.
To check the configuration settings and Address Types
- In AE Practice Manager, follow the menu path: Maintenance > Address/Phone > Address Type. The Address Type page appears.
- Make a note of the syntax for the Home, Postal, Delivery, Registered and Business addresses.
- From the Maintenance > User Defined menu, select Configuration. The Configuration page appears.
- Check that the Key Value for each Key Name matches an Address Type noted at step 2 above. If the Key Value does not exist in the Address Type page, either edit the Key Value to a valid Address Type or add the Address Type.
The table below lists examples of standard Key Values. The Key Value must match the address type at step 2.
Changes to addresses in AE Practice Manager will not flow onto the Tax return if the services or background process are not running. For more details see - Checking, restarting and stopping Admin Centre services and background processes
After you've restarted the background process,unlink then relink the address to the client to refresh the address to the Tax return.
- Unlinking and relinking a client's address will refresh the address details on the tax return.
- The instructions below will use the example of unlinking then relinking the home address for client who lives in Mosman.
- In AE Practice Manager, click the Clients icon. The Find Clients page appears.
- Type the client name in the Search for field and click Search. The search results display.
- Highlight the relevant client and click OK. The Client page appears.
- Select the Addresses tab. A list of addresses appears.
- Click the link at the top 'Click here to add address or change address details'. The Maintain Contact Addresses window appears.
- Select the HOME address type in the top table in this screen, and then click the Unlink Address button. The Unlink Address prompt screen appears and the message 'Are you sure you want to unlink this address from this contact' appears in this window.
- Click Yes. Home is removed from the Address Type table.
- Click OK. The client page closes.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5.
- Click the Share Address button. The Select address to be linked window appears.
- In the Address Type drop down box, select HOME.
- From the Select Address to be linked section, the Show addresses for contact box will default on the current client, but you can select the Ellipsis button (square with 3 dots) to search for other clients. The other option is to type part of the address in the Search for address by text (i.e. the suburb or town). Click the Search button to bring up results using either of the 2 options.
- Highlight one of the address search results in the table below, and click the Select button. The Maintain Contact Addresses screen re-appears.
- Click the Save button. The HOME address will now appear in the table at the top of the window.
- Click the close button.
- Test the tax return to confirm the address has now come through
Ensure all users are out of MYOB applications and that a reliable DataSafe backup has been taken. Perform the following steps on the SQL Server.
- Follow the menu path: Start > All programs > MYOB Accountants Enterprise > MYOB Administration Centre. MYOB Administration Centre opens.
- Highlight Viztopia to AE Tax > data mapping in the left-hand pane.
- Set the appropriate values under Viztopia to match Orchestrator and AE Tax in following fields under Client addresses,Business address, Delivery address, Home address, Postal address and Registers address.
- Check the same values for the other integration streams in the left-hand pane. Click Save. A warning message appears.
- Click Yes. The System runs a resync and brings all addresses through.
If the above checks don't fix your issue, it's most likely that there's a blank address in the Central Database (CDS). Contact us to check for blank addresses.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
If the issue is for 1 client only, may need to dbed PMS to identify if there are any incorrect values.
Refer to VIT team.