This support note applies to:
- AE Assets (AU)
When trying to access MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Assets or when generating reports within AE Assets, you may experience an error message containing "ActiveX, can't create object".
This error is primarily caused by missing or incorrectly registered files, particularly those pertaining to Crystal Reports which is the reporting engine behind the Assets application.
Please note, because different applications use different versions of the same *.dll files in Crystal Reports, conflicts can occur between different applications requiring the same *.dll files. If you are not using other applications that require Crystal Reports proceed with these steps. If you are unsure, please consult with an IT professional or relevant software vendor for further details.
- Ensure User Account Control (UAC) is turned off. Refer to Disabling User Account Control (UAC)
- Ensure Data Execution Prevention (DEP) settings are correct. Refer to Establishing Data Execution Prevention (DEP) settings
- Re-register the scrrun.dll file.
- From the Windows Desktop, click Start and select Run. The Run window appears.
Type the relevant command for the Operating System you are using: 32 bit - Regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\scrrun.dll 64 bit - Regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\scrrun.dll The file is registered.
Click OK. A message appears stating that the registration procedure was successful.
Open Assets to confirm the error no longer appears.
- Uninstall MYOB AE Assets using Unwise.exe and uninstall Crystal components from the workstation.
- Follow the menu path: Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features. The Uninstall or Change a Program window opens.
- Right-click any entry relating to crystal reports for example CR11 or Crystal Reports Run-time components and select Uninstall/Change. The CR11, Crystal Reports and other relevant entries are removed.
- Uninstall the relevant version of Assets using Unwise.exe. MYOB Accountants Enterprise Assets is removed. For more details, refer toUninstalling Assets using UNWISE.exe
- Reinstall AE Assets and the required Crystal components.
- Please refer to the my.MYOB Product Downloads page, Australia to download the latest release.
Attempt to access the AE Assets application again and if you are still receiving the error message, contact us or raise a support call via the my.myob website.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
Follow below instructions to register progress bar:
- Open command prompt as an administrator.
- Type cd\ then press ENTER on the keyboard
- Type cd "Program Files (x86)\MYOB\Assets" and press ENTER (Yes, you need to include "" marks in the command)
- Type “s6vprgrs.exe /regserver” then press ENTER.
If these steps do not resolve the issue please:
- Uninstall Assets 2.4 using Unwise.exe.
Note: Also review the C:\ for Installation Log folders and run unwise.exe from these folders as well.
- Install Assets 2.3
Note: If using a 64 bit workstation you will experience error messages throughout this installation. Click OK to continue until the process is finished as this performs a registry cleanup behind the scenes which is required to successfully resolve this issue.
- Uninstall Assets 2.3 using Unwise.exe.
- Uninstall CR XI and Crystal Run Time Components using Control Panel.
- Install Assets 2.4.