This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) and Accountants Office (AO) Tax you may see the error "Application Template not found" when installing/updating or opening a tax return after an update to the new Tax year.
To resolve the error
Make sure that all users are logged out of the software.
|If you use||Do the following|
|AE/AO Tax||Re-run the install and select Repair.|
Still an issue? Check the following:
Within Windows explorer navigate to System Release folder location. The Tax folder opens.
Double-click the sr.exe file. The System Release login gateway appears.
If you can see two files called sr and no extensions are visible, run the file with the type listed as 'application'.
Log in using the Username SUPERVIS and the Password s6.If you are logged straight into System Release, you have been automatically logged in with your employee details. You will need to log in as SUPERVIS. To do this, from the File menu, select Login As and log in with the above credentials.
- Identify if there is a folder other than ledgers with the following type of file location: Example: S6:\\servername\MSSQL\AOTAX1 where AOTAX1 is the tax database name. The folders are identified.
- Double click on the folder located in Step 4. The folder is open and displays all the tax ledgers.
The following process will guide you to checking the templates inside the SQL Tax folder.
- Click the Manage drop down menu and select Templates. The Template Maintenance window appears.
Check to see if Tax and Tax Calculator for the current year of install are listed here. For example, if you've installed Tax 2018, you'll need to look for 2018 templates for Tax and Tax calculator.
If you can see these templates, go to Add the tax ledgers.
- If you can't see the templates, click Cancel. Go to Configure the Tax Templates.
- Click the Windows Start menu and select Run.
Type the following case sensitive command and click OK.
Accountants Enterprise: X:\Sol64\SR SYSTEM\OP\CONFIG SYSTAX or X:\MYOBAE\AESQL\Tax\SR SYSTEM\OP\CONFIG SYSTAX
Accountants Office: X:\MYOBAO\AOSQL\Tax\SR SYSTEM\OP\CONFIG SYSTAXWhere X:\ is the installed location.
- The configuration process starts and when complete the message "The configuration process is finished" appears.
- Click OK. The message closes.
The following instructions are to be performed from within System Release. For further instructions on accessing System Release refer to the section Access the SQL Tax folder.
- From the File menu select New. The Ledgers window opens.
- Click Item. The New item properties window appears.
Add each of the required ledgers into the folder and click OK. The ledgers are added.If your tax ledger name (located in the "Client" column of the above image) is not "TAX", you need to change the Client details from TAX to match your client ledger name.The calculator needs to be added first and then the Tax ledger for relevant year.
When you finish adding the Tax ledger it will open the ledger and prompt for Year End routine. Please follow the steps to complete the Year End Routine. For detailed instructions on how to manually execute the Year End Routine, refer to Running the Year End Routine manually for Tax
Close System Release. System Release closes.If the error occurred during the installation, return to the error window and click OK.