This support note applies to:
- AE System Release (NZ)
- AE System Release (AU)
- AE MAS (NZ)
- AE MAS (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
The message 'Non Licenced Environment' when accessing System Release indicates that on the machine in question, System Release is unable to locate the licence registration DLL's (MRego.DLL or MRego64.dll). This can be for various reasons; incorrect registry keys, incorrect registration keys can be caused because the registration.ini is incorrect and/or the workstation setup is failing to write to the registry due to anti-virus interference/insufficient permissions.
Where the message occurs on one or more workstations only, disable anti-virus, run as administrator and run a System Release Workstation Setup. If this is not successful in resolving the issue, open the file X:\SOL64\registration.ini in Notepad and update the MyobRegoPath to be the correct UNC path. After updating this file, run as administrator, a System Release Workstation Setup.
Where the message occurs on all workstations on your network, including the server, try reboot the server. If this fails to resolve, you may need reinstall System Release as per Error: "Your licence file is not valid for this computer" or "License file invalid". Please contact MYOB support".
If you are not using the combined installer (AE Tax 2014.1a and prior), refer to Installing System Release on a workstation
If you are using the combined installer (AE Tax 2014.2 or later), refer to Running a combined workstation installation or uninstallation for Accountants Enterprise
- Follow the menu path: Start > Programs > Windows Explorer. Windows Explorer opens.
- Navigate to the System Release program location, i.e X:\SOL64 where X: is your mapped drive letter. A list of files appears.
- Right-click on the registration.ini file and select Open With. The Open With window appears.
- Select the program Notepad and click OK. The registration.ini file opens up in Notepad.
- Update the line for MyobRegoPath to be the correct UNC Path for the location of the \MYOBAE\Registration folder, then from the File menu, select Save. The registration.ini file is updated.
- Run the workstation setup again for System Release The issue is now fixed.
- On the server hosting System Release follow the menu path: Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Shared Folders > Shares
If the path for the share Registration exists as c:\MYOB\registration you have an AE PM generated licence and your MyobRegoPath is as follows: \\SERVERNAME\Registration\MYOBAE, where SERVERNAME is your actual server name.
If the Registration share does not exist then you have a System Release generated licence and your MyobRegoPath is as follows: \\SERVERNAME\S6SYSTEM\MYOBAE, where SERVERNAME is your actual server name and S6SYSTEM is the share name where the SOL64 folder resides.
Navigate to START > All programs > MYOB Accountants Enterprise and right-click on the System Release icon and select properties.
Note the target path, for example M:\SOL64\
- Navigate to START > Computer > Tools (ALT+T) > Disconnect network drive.
Note the path in brackets for example S6SYSTEM (\\SERVERNAME) (M:).
This is shows your share name, server name and drive letter.
If you have further issues, reboot your server hosting the System Release program location and contact MYOB support to obtain valid registration DLLs.
MYOB Internal Notes:
The registry keys behind this issue are:
32-bit - HKLM\Software\MYOB\System\DLL\MRego.DLL
64-bit - HKLM\Software\MYOB\System\DLL\MRego64.DLL