This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AE Tax (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
If you are having intermittent issues with CDS integration or if you have performed a server migration, you may need to re-install the integration components for CDS Vizpost.
Before you begin, you will need to be logged into Windows as an Administrator on your Server (or standalone). You may then perform the following tasks.
- Locate and install the SRDAL.exe according to the instructions inError: "System Release DAL - The server is not installed".
- Once installed, from the Windows Desktop, right-click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
- From Control Panel, click System Release DAL then in the System Release DAL window, click Stop.
- Once this service is stopped, click the Configuration tab and ensure right-click on the System Release DAL service and select Start.
- Click the Configuration tab and change the server name to reference the actual server\instance name instead of the default '(local)'. For example, ServerName\MYOBACCT where ServerName is the machine name of your server and MYOBACCT is the instance name.
Download vizcds19.exe then double-click on the file to run.If you are running SQL Tax, you'll need to edit the target line of the software as per Error: "Could not find a folder for the supplied pathname" when starting Run CDSVizpost or launching compliance modules.
Download the grant.sql script and run from within SQL Server Management Studio. For assistance, refer to KB 23199: Running a script through SQL Server Management Studio.