This support note applies to:
- AO Workpapers (AU)
- AO Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AE Workpapers (AU)
- AE Statutory Reporter (AU)
When attempting to configure an AccountRight file to Client Accounting, you may find that some files don't appear in the list of available AccountRight files to configure.
This can occur for both Online and Desktop files and across different users in AE/AO.
Normally, if you've configured your practice's my.MYOB settings, a list of all online files that your practice's MYOB Login has access to, will be displayed when you go to select a company file.
If you can't see any online files when selecting an AccountRight file (or even an Essentials file) to configure, check your practice's my.MYOB Login has been configured in AE/AO.
To check your Practice my.MYOB Settings
- From within AE/AO, go to Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Online > Practice my.MYOB Settings.
- Check that the email address in the MYOB Login field has been invited to your client files as an Set a user's online access level
If the Practice MYOB login is correct:
Check the following:
- On the PC hosting your AccountRight library, make sure that the status of the MYOB AccountRight Library and MYOB AccountRight API service is Running. To check the status:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- In the Open field, type services.msc and click OK.
- From the list of services, locate MYOB AccountRight Library and MYOB AccountRight API and ensure the service status is Started. If this status displays Stopped or is blank, right-click on the service and choose Start.
- The PC hosting your AccountRight library has the same version of AccountRight (Server Edition) that your client has installed. You can have multiple versions installed, but one of those versions must be the same as your client's version.
- You have also installed the latest version of the AccountRight API. See Installing the AccountRight API for details.
- If you're using a Proxy server, ensure you've Configuring your Firewall or Proxy for MYOB AE/AO.
If you've searched the entire library and you can see company files but can't find the one file you want to work on in the list of ledgers to configure, try the following:
|If you've configured...||Check...|
If you need to access company files across multiple computers, consider setting up a Network Library in AccountRight. With a Network Library, users can easily access all files stored in the network library folder. For details, see Set up a network.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
AccountRight OFFLINE files:
If the client can open the company file from within AccountRight, but the file is not appearing in the list of ledgers to configure:
- Open the company file and from the Accounts command centre, click Company Data Auditor.
- Note the Location in the Company File Overview screen. This is where the company file is located.
- Navigate to the location and move the file into the Network Library or My Library folder.