Accountants Enterprise only
On contact details pages, you can enter various numbers for contacts, clients and suppliers such as office phone, home phone, direct number, etc., provided that these phone number types have been set up in the system. Use the Phone number and Email address page to differentiate between the various numbers and email addresses that a contact may have.
Select Maintenance > Address/Phone > Phone number and Email address on the main menu. The Maintenance - Phone number and Email address page opens. A table lists the descriptions in the first column and displays checkboxes in the remaining columns that enable you to define contact options.
In the first blank Description cell, enter the description for the contact information (such as Home Ph, Home Fax, Board number, etc).
Select the appropriate checkbox to define the contact option as Primary Tel, Primary Fax, Primary Mob, Primary Email, Is Web, Is Email, Is Invoice Email, or Tax Email (New Zealand).
Only one checkbox can be selected per column. While you cannot have more than one Primary Tel, Primary Mob or Primary Email, the same Description can be defined as the Primary Tel and Primary Fax.
Clients can only have one Invoice Email and one Tax Email (New Zealand).
Click OK to save the information and close the page.
Using the Is Invoice Email option
On the Maintenance - Phone number and Email address tab, if Is Invoice Email is selected and an email address has been set up for Is Invoice Email, the Is Invoice Email address is used for:
- Viewing bills ready to print in the Bills Ready to Print window
- Emailing Debtor Statements from Practice Manager.
If there is no email address set up for with Is Invoice Email, the email address associated with Is Email is used.
- Go to Maintenance > Address/Phone > Phone number and Email address. The Maintenance - Phone number and Email address tab appears.
In the first blank Description cell, enter a description for the email address.
For example, if you've already got an Email in the Description column, which you don't want to use for invoices, you can enter a Description of Invoice Email.
- In the row of the invoice email you just added, select the Is Invoice Email checkbox, but deselect the Is Email checkbox.
If you don't already have an email address in the table to use for purposes other than invoicing, make another entry in the blank Description cell for the non-invoice email, and select the Is Email checkbox, but deselect the Is Invoice Email checkbox.
- Go to the client tab and click Addresses tab.
- In the Phone and Other Details table, click the first blank Description cell. A dropdown arrow appears.
- Click the arrow and select the email entry you created for invoices.
- Enter the email address in the Detail column and select [Enter].
- If you created another email address for purposes other than invoicing, enter that email entry and address in the table too.