This support note applies to:
- AE System Release (NZ)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
**DO NOT MODIFY THIS ARTICLE. WHERE CHANGES ARE REQUIRED, REFER TO THE TECHNICAL SERVICES TEAM - NZ SR**
The following article details the steps required to migrate MYOB Accountants Enterprise software to a new Standalone PC.
If you are using a version of System Release prior to version 7.3 you must update to the latest version before migrating.
MYOB provides a Migration Service. If you have any doubts or concerns about completing this migration yourself, contact us to arrange for one of our consultants to complete the migration for you. This service will require a booking, so please plan well in advance.
It is important that someone who is competent with the Microsoft Windows operating system manages the migration.
If you experience issues with MYOB software after following the instructions below, additional assistance on your migration may fall outside of the terms of your Sales and Service Agreement.
Please read completely through these instructions before beginning the migration process.
The steps to migrate Accountants Enterprise products that are accessed through System Release from one Standalone PC to another Standalone PC are:
- Check the System Requirements page to ensure that the environment is certified by MYOB. For Microsoft and MYOB compatibility, refer to MYOB Compatibility with Microsoft products and technologies
- Make sure you have logged in as Administrator account to perform the install
- Make sure UAC is turned off. Refer to Disabling User Account Control (UAC)
MYOB requires you have a complete and reliable backup of all directories, subdirectories and data files for MYOB Accountants Enterprise products that are accessed through System Release before you attempt to move or copy data to your new server. This is a necessary requirement to avoid the possibility of data loss or corruption.
There are a number of ways to back up your program & data files. Some of these methods include:
- Tape backup;
- CD or DVD - Make sure read only attribute is removed for all MYOB Accountants Enterprise on the new machine;
- USB Pen Drive.
The table below lists all Accountants Enterprise products that are accessed through System Release and their default directories that will need to be backed up and copied to your new server environment share directory.
Some of these programs might not be used on your network.
|System Services and program templates||\Sol64|
|Tax, CDS & PMA applications||\Sol63|
|MAS, Assets, Cashbook & Creditors||\S6Client|
|\S6Client - Reporter will need to be re-installed on each workstation.|
|Other||Any other folders created for MAS, AMS or Tax.|
Copy all directories and subdirectories for MYOB Accountants Enterprise products that are accessed through System Release, except the MYOBAE directory, to the new PC.
When you copy these directories, it is important that you copy all sub directories including empty directories, except for the MYOBAE directory, to the new PC as the MYOBAE directory contains information specific to the location on which it was originally installed that will prevent the successful registration of the software on the new server.
The table in Step 1 lists all programs and their default directories that will need to be copied to your new Server’s shared directory.
Ensure that any S60.tcf, s60.tnf, s50.tcf or s50.tnf files copied from the old server are deleted from the Sol64\s6 folder prior to reinstalling System Release.
Delete old licence files:
- At your Windows Desktop, right-click the Start button and select File> Explore.
- Navigate to and open your S6 folder. For example, C:\SOL64\S6.
- Ensure you can view hidden and system files.
- Highlight the files named, s50.*or s60.* and delete them.
- Highlight the folder named .VID (if present) and delete it.
System Release will need to be installed on the new PC.
The installation file and release notes can be downloaded from http://my.myob.co.nz
The installation will:
- Register the S6DB.DLL file to your system registry;
- Create a new C:\MYOBAE directory
- Install the AERego.exe
Perform Workstation Setup
- From the Start menu, select Run.
- In the Open field, type C:\sol64\setup\Workstation Setup\setup.exe and click OK.
- Click Yes.
- Read the Licence Agreement and click Yes to indicate that you accept the terms of the Agreement.
- Select the directory where your System Release Server Components are installed and then click Next to continue.
- Click Next to install the files.
- Click Finish to complete the Workstation Setup.
Workstation Setup will:
- Create the Start\Programs\MYOB Accountants Enterprise\ with a shortcut to launch System Release.
- Create the Start\Programs\MYOB Accountants Enterprise\System Release Tools programs group to run the AERego registration utility
- Copy the S6Graph.fon file to C:\Windows\System32 directory
If you are using a version of System Release prior to version 7.3 you must update to the latest version before MYOB Support can licence your software.
- Click the Windows Start button and follow the menu path: All Programs > MYOB Accountants Enterprise > System Release Tools > Registration.
- Contact us for a registration code.
Each folder that appears in System Release contains a DS6OP020 table of contents file which associates it with the old server. These files need to be deleted prior to updating the folder paths.
Deleting the migrated folder path files:
- From the Start menu, select Search.
- In the Search for Files or Folders field type DS6OP020 and click Search Now.
- Each of the occurrences of the DS6OP020 files appears in the right hand pane.
- When the search has completed press CTRL + A, to select all DS6OP020 files and then press DELETE. The files are deleted.
Updating the folder path:
- Start System Services.
- Right-click a folder in the list and select Properties.
- In the Network field amend the server name to the name of the new server.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for each folder.
You will need to re-install Reporter on each workstation. You will need to re-install Reporter on each workstation. Please refer to the Reporter 3.5 Installation Guide.pdf, located on my.myob.co.nz.
To verify your migration was successful open System Release and access your ledgers and check:
|Tax||Check the Tax Return list and that you can access a Tax Return|
|CDS||Check the Control Record's Integration tab to ensure ledgers are integrated correctly and the Counters tab to ensure the correct number of clients appear.|
|PMA||Print a Control report|
|MAS||Run a Trial Balance this will list balances and profits|
|Assets||Run a Tax or Accounting depreciation schedule|
|Cashbook||Run a Trial Balance|
|Creditors||Print the creditors ledger|
|Insolvency||Check case details and print a trial balance|
|Reporter||Check non transaction data|
Issues that might cause errors after migration
- The migration instructions have not been followed correctly;
- A non Certified Environment is used for the new server environment;
- All users do not have full access permissions to the new S6System share directory or Netware Volume; and
- You have not copied or moved all directories and subdirectories for MYOB Accountants Enterprise products that are accessed through System Release correctly to the new server environment.