This support note applies to:
- AE System Release (NZ)
- AE MAS (NZ)
- AE Tax (NZ)
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
**DO NOT MODIFY THIS ARTICLE. WHERE CHANGES ARE REQUIRED, REFER TO THE TECHNICAL SERVICES TEAM**
This article is a brief outline of the Migration process. Due to the complexities of a migration, the full process cannot be covered in a single knowledgebase article. MYOB provides a Migration Service.
It is important that someone who is competent with the Microsoft Windows operating system manages the migration.
If you have any doubts or concerns about completing this migration yourself, please contact your Client Manager to oraganise one of our Consultants to complete the migration for you. This service may require a booking, so please plan well in advance.
If you experience issues with MYOB software after following the instructions below, additional assistance on your migration may fall outside of the terms of your Sales and Service Agreement. If so please contact your client manager in that instance to book a consultant to perform the task
Please read through these instructions prior to undertaking the migration process.
See System Requirements page to ensure that the environment is certified by MYOB.
Refer MYOB Compatibility with Microsoft products and technologies for compatibility with Microsoft products.
MYOB requires you have a complete and reliable backup of all directories, subdirectories and data files for MYOB Accountants Enterprise products that are accessed through System Release before you attempt to move or copy data to your new standalone PC or Server. This is a necessary requirement to avoid the possibility of data loss or corruption.
There are a number of ways to back up your program & data files. Some of these methods include:
- Tape backup;
- CD-Rom - Make sure read only attribute is removed for all MYOB Accountants Enterprise on the new machine; or
- via Server to Server.
- Copying the relevant software folder to an external hard disk or USB drive.
The table below lists all Accountants Enterprise products that are accessed through System Release and their default directories which need to be backed up and copied to your new server environment share directory.
Some of these programs might not be used on your network.
System Services and program templates
Tax, CDS & PMA applications
MAS and Assets
\S6Client and \Sol64 - You need to re-install Reporter on each workstation.
Any other folders created for MAS, AMS or Tax.
Ensure you have made a reliable backup or your SQL tax database using either Management Studio Express or MSDE Backup/Restore Utility.
For more details see Backing up an SQL database using Management Studio.
These are some of the database names you might have on your old server which needs to be backed up via SQL, VPMSER, SQLTAX, AODB1, AETAX, etc..
Create a directory called S6SYSTEM or AENET on the root directory of the new server. Share this directory with the share name S6SYSTEM or AENET and access option is full access. Sub folders must inherit full access rights also. Make sure all users have been granted full access and permissions to the new S6System or AENET share directory.We recommend to add EVERYONE group to this share with full access.
You should not share the individual directories: \SOL64, \SOL63 and \S6CLIENT but their parent directory S6SYSTEM or AENET.
The table above for section "Have a reliable backup of all directories and subdirectories for MYOB Accountants Enterprise products that are accessed through System Release" lists all programs and their default directories that will need to be copied to your new standalone PC's or Server local hard drive.
Ensure that any of the following hidden files; S60.tcf, s60.tnf, s50.tcf or s50.tnf files are deleted from the Sol64\s6 folder, copied from the old server, prior to reinstalling System Release. For more details see Error "Unable to find the full licence file" when starting System Release. If you cannot see the S6 folder in SOL64, it might be hidden. To unhide the folder, see Viewing hidden files, folders and drives or enabling file extensions in Windows.
System Release will need to be installed on the new server. The installation will:
|For all versions of System Release|
|For System Release 7.2 and above|
For details of how to register an installation for System Release 7.2, or above, see How do I licence products in MYOB AE?.
For more details see Restoring an SQL database using SQL Server Management Studio.
Double click on downloaded file and
- Click Run. The installshield wizard appears.
- Click Next. The licence agreement appears.
- Click the I agree option and click Next. The customer information window appears.
- Click Next. The Destination Folder window appears.
- Click Next. The Ready to Install the Program window appears.
- Click Install. The InstallShield Wizard Completed window appears.
- Click Finish. The System Release DAL window appears.
- Open the Configuration tab. The Configuration tab appears.
- Update the SQL server to host databases field with the SQL Server/Instance name. Click Apply. The details are applied.
- Click the Status tab. The Status tab appears.
- Click Start then click OK. The window closes.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
For more information refer to internal KB 26367: Error "This folder is being managed by another installation of System Services' when creating a folder".
Delete the DS6OP020 file for each folder location, then:
Open System Release. The System Release window appears.If you do not see the list of folders, click Folders under the Administration heading in the task pane.
- Right-click a folder in the list and select Properties. The General tab of the Folder properties window appears.
- Amend the value in the Network field to be the name of the new server. The correct local path is in the field.
- Click OK. The System Release window appears.
- Repeat steps 2 -4 for each folder.
- Extract the MYOB AE 22.214.171.124 file and you will find the VizCDS19.exe in MYOB_AE_5.4.27_ANZ_Full\Accountants Enterprise\Tax Integration\Classic Tax\Software components folder.
- See Installation Guide - CDS Integration with Viztopia 4.1.pdf from the Documentation folder MYOB_AE_5.4.28_ANZ_Full\Accountants Enterprise\Tax Integration\Classic Tax\Documentation)
To verify your Migration was successful open System Release and access your ledgers and check:
Check the Tax Return list and that you can access a Tax Return. Also go into each TRS year and navigate to Utilities > Control Record > Integration and link each of the Tax Tracking System, Central Database System and E-File System buttons to the correct TTS, CDS and EFS ledger.
Check the Control Record"s Integration tab to ensure ledgers are integrated correctly and the Counters tab to ensure the correct number of clients appear.
Run a Trial Balance this will list balances and profits.
Run a Tax or Accounting depreciation schedule.
Check non transaction data.
For more details refer Schedule backups
Make sure you've disabled the following services from the old server so the users don't access the data from the old server.
- MYOB DM Portal Sync Service
- MYOB OnTheGo API Service
- MYOB Sync Client Service
MYOB Tax Manager Service
Follow the steps below to disable and stop the services
- From the desktop of your Server or Standalone, press and hold the Windows key and R on your keyboard.
- In the Open field, enter services.msc and click OK.
From the list of Services, locate the service you want to disable and stop. For example, MYOB Sync Client Service.
- Right-click the service and select Properties.
- In the Service Properties window, select Disabled in Startup type. Click OK.
- To stop the service, right-click on the service and select Stop. The service will show Disabled and the Status column will be blank.
- The migration instructions have not been followed correctly.
- A non Certified Environment is used for the new server environment.
- All users do not have full access permissions to the new S6System share directory.
- You have not copied or moved all directories and subdirectories for MYOB Accountants Enterprise products that are accessed through System Release correctly to the new server environment.
If you experience issues with the software after performing a migration, contacting MYOB Client Support for further assistance may be a chargeable service.