Security is handled at 3 levels within Document Manager:
Tasks permissions level
Task permissions determine what a team member can do in the system.
- Select Maintenance > Maintenance Map (AO) > Security > Task Permissions. The Maintenance - Task Permissions page opens.
- Select Document Manager from the Product drop-down list.
- Select the relevant group from the Group drop-down list.
- Expand the listed groups, if necessary.
- To add or remove access to a task, select/deselect the Allow checkbox against the relevant Permissions Descriptions.
- Click OK.
Filing cabinet level
When a Filing Cabinets tab is configured in the Document Manager Setup Wizard, you can also set the default security and other settings that help you to store, find and secure all documents in your system. You will need to determine which security groups can add documents to the filing cabinet and which security groups can view documents, change details or delete documents for this filing cabinet. The settings will vary depending on the areas of your practice that require access to a specific filing cabinet. Filing cabinets can be customised to meet these requirements.
Individual document level
This is done using the Profiling tab of the Create Document Wizard and on the Document Properties window after creating a document.