- Open the Assets Listing page. See Opening an asset year.
- Select the asset to be edited. The row containing the selected asset is highlighted.
- Click Edit asset on the Tasks bar.
You can select Edit from the right-click menu. The Edit Asset window opens
- Click the General details tab.
- Edit the Serial number of the asset, if available. The Serial number field is limited to a maximum of 50 alphanumeric characters.
- Edit the Units. This is the asset quantity, if available. For example, if you have six office chairs as an asset, the value of the Units would be 6. The Units must be a value between 0 and 9999.
- Select a different Location for the asset from the drop-down, if necessary.This is the physical location of the asset.
The available options are those that have been configured using Maintenance > Location. See Creating a new asset location.
If you want to add another location, click the Click to add location option from the drop-down. The Add Location window opens for you to create another location. See Creating a new asset location. Once you have completed creating another location the drop-down will be refreshed with the new option(s) so that it can be selected at this stage.
- Edit the Insurance details of the asset, if appropriate.
- Edit the Insurer details. The Insurer field is limited to a maximum of 50 alphanumeric characters.
- Enter a different Premium due date.
Enter the date in the format dd/mm/yyyy or select the date from the drop-down calendar. A blank date (the None option) can be selected from the drop-down calendar.
- Enter a different insurance Premium amount. This is a numeric field of a maximum of 27 digits including 2 decimal places.
- Enter a different Insured value of the asset. This is a numeric field of a maximum of 27 digits including 2 decimal places.
Edit any Notes or add more notes, as required.
Click OK. The database is updated with any changes made to the asset. The Edit Asset window closes.