You can move a workpaper from one account to another. This is useful if you’ve added a workpaper to the wrong account.
You can also rename the workpaper during the move.
When the workpaper is moved to the selected account, all linked accounts and values are updated.
- Go to the client’s Client Accounting > Trial Balance (Workpapers) tab and click a period in the Select Period section.
- On the TASKS bar, click Open Period. The table for the period appears.
- Select the workpaper or document in the table.
- Select the checkbox next to the workpaper or document.
- On the TASKS bar, click Move workpaper. The Move Workpaper dialogue appears.
- Click an account from the To account drop-down list. The workpaper is moved to the selected account.
- If you want to rename the workpaper, change the text in the Workpaper name field.
Click your preferred rollover options:
Rollover this workpaper to the next period Roll over the workpaper to the next period. During rollover, the previous workpaper period is used as a base.
The current workpaper is recreated and attached to the same account in the next period.
Retain links to all external documents
Include links to all documents which are linked within the workpaper when it is rolled over into the next period.
If Document Manager is installed, you can add links to Document Manager files in the workpaper. A list of all external documents is copied to the new workpaper when it is rolled over to the next period.