Accountants Enterprise only
- Open the practice template for editing. See Opening a practice template for editing.
- Position the mouse cursor in the practice template where the new field is to be inserted.
- Click Insert Field on the toolbar, or Select Insert > Field on the main menu. The Insert Field window opens.
- Select Text.
- Click OK. The Text window opens.
- Enter a Field name for the Text field. The Field name is automatically filled when the Text window opens. You can accept the default or overwrite it. The system will allocate the next sequential number prefixed by a T for text fields.
If you decide to overwrite the default Field name, then enter a unique Field name. Conditions for the Field name:
It is limited to a maximum of 30 alphanumeric characters.
It cannot start with a number, as this affects the calculations.
It cannot contain any spaces.
It can contain an underscore as part of the name.
It is not case sensitive.
- Select how the text will be entered. There are two options:
- User entered text
You will enter the text when preparing the workpaper. You can enter a
- Default value or leave it blank.
The Default value is displayed when the client workpaper is first created, but it can be overridden while preparing the workpaper.
- Automatic information of
The information for the text field can be automatically inserted based on the selected option from the drop-down. The automatic text options are Approved by user, Client name, Page number, Page count, Period date range, Practice name, Prepared by user, Source document details (for MYOB use only) and Workpaper name.
- User entered text
- The Rollover value to next period checkbox is selected by default. This means that entered text value will be displayed in the same field in the next rollover period. Deselect the Rollover value to next period checkbox, if you do not want the text value to be rolled over.
- Click OK. The Text field is placed at the insertion point. The Text window and the Insert Field window close.