Accountants Enterprise in Australia only
The following is only recommended steps. Some practices may have their own steps to update their Reporter systems.
When you receive a new version of the Masters, there could be 2 possible scenarios:
- Perform a backup. See Maintaining Reporter.
- Install the new version and review the Release Notes for more information.
- Review the Retain Values for the Practice. See Reviewing the retain value settings.
- Roll forward the Practice level in Reporter. The roll forward should only be done by your system administrator.
- Review the Trash Can at the Practice level. See Restoring from the trash can.
- Back up your general ledger.
- Review the Retain Values for the Client. See Reviewing the retain value settings
Roll each client forward in your general ledger software. The Year End rollover within your general ledger forces Reporter to roll forward at the Client level for that particular ledger.Ensure that you close all sessions of Reporter.
- Review the Trash Can at the Client level. SeeRestoring from the trash can.