This support note applies to:
- AE Tax (AU)
You can back up an entire ledger year in MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Tax using System Release. This process takes a backup copy of all your tax data for a single tax year.
Before you begin, make sure there are no users currently in AE Tax. If there are any files are in use, or any users in a tax return, you will receive a warning message.
Once you are ready to begin, follow the steps below:
- Open System Release. The Ledgers window appears.
- From the Administration section, select Folders. The Folders window appears.
- Select the Description of AE Tax and press Enter on your keyboard. The AE Tax window appears.
- Select the AE Tax ledger and, from the File menu, click Backup. The Ledger Backup Wizard window appears.
- Click Next. The Confirm operation window appears.
Click Next. The Select source ledgers window appears.
Select a backup option.
Selected ledger: backs up only the ledger highlighted.
Related ledgers: backs up all ledger types with the same Ledger Code.
All ledgers in the folder: backs up all ledgers in the current location.
Custom: lets you specify individual ledgers to back up.
Click Next. The Select backup location and name window appears.
If you want to change the location for the backup, click Browse and change the location.
If you want to change the backup name press TAB on your keyboard and key in a new file name. The cursor appears in the Backup name field.
Click Next. The Completing the Ledger Backup Wizard window appears.
Click Finish. The Backup ledger window appears and when the backup is completed, the AE Tax window appears.