This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
In MYOB Practice Manager (AE PM), you may see the error "Report contains no data. Try altering the filter conditions and re-run the report" when running reports that are filtered for a particular Client Partner.
To resolve this issue, you will need to edit your report via the Edit Layout section in the Change Report tab.
- Click the Reports icon. The Report page appears.
From the Task Bar, click the reporting area, for example Client and then the Reporting sub-area, for example Client List.
- Select the relevant report title and click Edit. The Change Report - Client Listing page appears for example.
Click the Edit Layout icon. The Report Designer - Client - Client Listing page appears for example.
You can hover your mouse over each of these icons to see the names of the icons.
- Make a change in the report layout, for example, click the logo and with your arrow keys, move the logo one character to the left and then one character to the right.
- To exit the report, right-click the Report Designer tab and select Close. At the Save changes prompt, answer Yes.
- At the Save Report layout prompt, we recommend that you select Save as a new report and update the report title and add a report description and click OK.
- Re-run the new report and check the filters now work.
It's safer to Save as a new report when you make changes via the Report Designer. You can always delete earlier versions of a report once you have confirmed the revised report changes are correct. Alternatively, you can backup your report before making any changes to it. Refer to Backing up a report re: KB 34547: Backup up and re-importing customised Smart Reports