This support note applies to:
- AO Corporate Compliance (AU)
- AE Corporate Compliance (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
In MYOB Corporate Compliance (CC) you may experience the following error "Could not get a connection to the database" after a new installation of CC.
The event log in the Utilities may display the following error "login failed for user CCuser, CCAdmin or MYOBAdmin". You may get the error "login failed for user MYOBAdmin" during a migration as well.
As a first step please ensure you are installing the correct release for example, if you are attemping to install Corporate Compliance on an SQL 2014 instance you must install Corporate Compliance 3.2 any version prior to this will give you this same error.
If you are installing the correct release please review the server roles of each of the above three accounts in MS Server Management Studio and ensure that the role "sysadmin" is ticked.
Open MS Server Management Studio and expand the following areas from the left hand pane:
- Select Security > Logins. A list of logins display.
- Highlight one of the three roles listed above and double click to open the login properties. The Login Properties - <role> appears.
- Double click Server Roles in the left hand pane of the login properties window. The Server roles window appears.
- Ensure "sysadmin" is ticked.
Click OK to save and close the changes.Perform the above steps for each of the three roles: CCuser, CCAdmin and MYOBAdmin.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY