This support note applies to:
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
In MYOB Accountants Office Classic (AO Classic) you may experience the error "Extract File NOT imported successfully. The file either contains errors or previously imported transactions" when importing a file which was extracted from MYOB Essentials. This occurs as the MYOB Essentials file contains a blank line within the extracted data.
MYOB is investigating this issue.
To be able to import the MYOB Essentials file, extract the .txt file and use the AccountantLink option to import the file. During the import process assign the suspense account to the blank line.
When transactions are exported from MYOB Essentials they are in the format 'Filename.mye'.
- Right-click on the .mye file and rename it to .zip.
- Double-click on the .zip file to view the contents.
- Right-click on the MYOBAO.txt file and select Copy.
- Right-click on your Desktop and select Paste.
- Open AO Classic and open the Clients General Ledger.
- Follow the menu path: File > Import > MYOB AccountRight/MYOB Essentials Accounting.
- Select the MYOB AccountRight / Essentials extract file option.
- Click the ellipsis (...) button to browse to and select the MYOBAO.txt file located on the Desktop.
- Click OK. The file path is updated to point to the txt file.
- Select any required posting options and account code conversion templates.
- Click Import. The Account Code conversion screen appears.
- Assign the suspense account code against the blank line and then click Import. The transactions are imported. Review all the imported transactions to ensure they are correct.