This support note applies to:
- AE Reporter (NZ)
- AE Reporter (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Reporter, you may receive the error "Setup requires the following…MAS 5.3a or higher" when installing Reporter.
This issue occurs where the Reporter install can't access the mas61.rel located in the X:\S6CLIENT folder. This usually occurs where the file is missing.
To resolve this error, make a copy of the file mas61b.rel and rename this to be mas61.rel.
- On the Windows Task bar, click the folder icon () to open Windows File Explorer.
Using File Explorer, navigate to the location of your S6CLIENT folder. This is the folder where your MAS and Assets ledgers are stored.
If you're not sure where your S6CLIENT folder is located, open any MAS ledger and follow the menu path Help > About. Click Application details and note the Database location. This is your "S6CLIENT" folder.
- Right-click on the file mas61b.rel and choose Copy. If you have another version of the file (e.g. mas6.1e.rel) you can copy this file instead.
- Right-click on any blank space within the folder and choose Paste. A copy of mas6.1b.rel file appears in the folder.
- Right-click on the Copy of mas61b.rel file and select Rename.
- Rename the file to mas61.rel.
- Close the S6CLIENT folder and try reinstalling Reporter again.