This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
When setting up returns for return security in MYOB Tax, you may experience the error "This return is secured by return security. You are not authorised to access this return" and as a result, cannot access the return.
This error can appear, even if you are in the list of employees allowed to access the return.
The error occurs where the System Release user code and the employee code in Accountants Enterprise (AE) or Accountants Office (AO) do not match. These codes are case sensitive.
- Log into AE/AO and click on the drop down arrow under Contacts.
- From the Contacts drop-down menu, choose Open > Employees. The Find Employees tab appears.
- Click Search and double-click on the problem employee. The Employee record tab opens.
- On the Main tab of the Employee Record, note the code listed in the Code field.
- Go to Start > All Programs > MYOB Accountants Enterprise > System Release. A login screen may appear
- Log in if prompted (you can use the following credentials if needed User: SUPERVIS Pass: s6).
- On the left hand side, expand Administration and click on User Accounts. A list of user accounts appears
- Find the employee in question and right click on them and select Properties. User properties window appears
- On the General tab, modify the User code to match what is in AE PM. The issue should no longer occur