This support note applies to:
- PDF Manager (AU)
- PDF Manager (NZ)
In MYOB when opening PDF Manager, you may receive the following error message:
"There was a problem updating the configuration file. ERROR: MPCInstaller.MPCInstaller::UpdateConfigurationFile Error Validating configuration file after update: Root element is missing. Current settings will not be loaded.".
This error indicates that the MPCConfiguration.xml file for the Windows User Profile on the local machine needs to be deleted.
- Press and hold the Windows button and press R on your keyboard. The Run window opens.
- Type %appdata% and click OK. Windows Explorer opens.
- Double click to open PDF Manager. The contents of the PDF Manager window appear.
- Select the file MPCConfiguration.xml then from the File menu select Delete. The Confirm File Delete window appears.
- Click Yes. The file MPCConfiguration.xml is deleted.
Open PDF Manager. The MPCConfiguration.xml file is recreated.PDF Manager can be opened by following the menu path Start > Program Files > MYOB > PDF Manager.
- Click on Help > MYOB Licence MYOB PDF Manager. The Licence MYOB PDF Manager window appears.
- Click the ellipses […] button at the Locate existing licence field to browse to the location of your PDF Manager licence and click Open. The Licence MYOB PDF Manager window returns and the path to the licence file now appears in the Locate existing licence field.
- Click OK.
MYOB Internal Notes:
Insert PR 121130759317